Twitter Updates

Friday, February 06, 2015

Defeated Games lists!

Hey all, So in 2012, I had a hard time recalling what games I'd actually taken the time to finish. I could spend hours browsing through trophies on some platforms, but not all. I decided at the end of that year that I'd start building lists of all the games I finished in a year. I only count games I've played to story completion, since in adulthood I never play to 100% completion with all whatsits unlocked, all collectibles found, platinum trophy.

I've been building these yearly lists for 2 years now, and I've noticed my play style has changed. For one, I'm playing different kinds of games. I had already drifted away from fighting games when I moved in with Kyla, as I didn't have the time to play them on my own, and knew I'd not be able to play them with her or with her as an audience. Since I started making these lists, the time I've spent playing multiplayer shooters has plummeted. I'm more likely to play something with a defined beginning and ending.

 You can tell from these lists when I did and didn't have work, or when I was on a show deep into production or not. I think that's the most interesting thing about this list. I debated adding sections to say "I played a lot of Towerfall" to the list, but that feels against the spirit of it. If I didn't finish it, it shouldn't be listed. I got to the very end of Final Fantasy V and gave up from difficulty, so it's not on the list, even though I played that more than anything else in September 2014.

 I'm just happy to have a record of my accomplishments that I can share.

No comments: